Committee on Nominations
About the Committee
The Committee on Nominations coordinates the nominations to Diocesan Convention. The Nominating Committee proposes candidates to serve as deputies at the General Convention as well as to serve on diocesan bodies such as the Standing Committee and Executive Council. We try to ensure the slate of candidates for these positions reflects the demographic composition of our diocese and the Bay Area. Our work also is designed to make sure we don’t have any vacancies for positions that must be filled by the Diocesan Convention — or ones that are filled by people who don’t know what they are getting into. Candidates can still be nominated from the floor on the day of the Convention, but those advanced by the Committee will have had their names and information out for review for several weeks by then. The Nominating Committee usually meets in person for our first session and until we are done we meet by phone every other week (or so). Members are appointed from the deaneries; current members of the committee are listed below and on the Deaneries page.
Committee Chair: Rev. Hannah Elyse Cornthwaite, firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members and their deaneries:
- Rev. Jim Dahlin, Alameda
- Don Miller, Alameda
- Laura Williams, Contra Costa
- Rev. Walter Ramsey, Contra Costa
- Rev. Br. Richard Helmer, Ex Officio (advisor)
- Dana Kramer-Rolls, Marin
- Rev. Lynn Oldham Robinett, Marin
- Rev. Hannah Cornthwaite, San Francisco (Chair)
- Birgit Eschmann, San Francisco
- Rev. Jeff Dodge, Southern Alameda
- Rev. Mauricio Wilson, Ex Officio, Standing Committee
- 1 Vacancy from Southern Alameda
- 2 Vacancies from the Peninsula
Important Nomination Information:
- Job Descriptions for the open positions are here
- All nominations must be submitted electronically here to the Committee on Nominations by Midnight on July 31, 2022.
- All nominee biographies must be submitted to the Committee on Nominations by Midnight on August 24, 2022.
- In order to serve you must be an active member of an Episcopal Church in the Diocese of California.
- All nominees must complete anti-racism and Whole & Healthy Church training by October 1, 2022.
- As provided by our canons, nominations may be made on the floor of the Convention.
Please note: We’ve set a word limit for bios. It is intended to keep the convention booklet readable as well as to create a fair forum for all. If you exceed the word limit and we have time before the deadline, we will return it to you for editing. If we don’t have time or you don’t reply by the deadline, we may have to may cut your text at the word limit or suggest you be nominated from the floor.