The Diocese of California has a long history of involvement in international and interfaith activities. Here are some examples from recent years:
- In 2022, Bishop Marc greeted the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N., the Honorable Linda Thomas-Greenfield, and her delegation, at Grace Cathedral.
- Bishop Marc’s climate change work has helped him forge relationships with international leaders, including:
- The late Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- Christiana Figueres, former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Former head of the U.N., Ban Ki-Moon
- Our bishop works with national, state and local leaders in government, and with non-profits.
- Currently, our Canon to the Ordinary, the Rev. Cn. Debbie Low-Skinner is the Vice President of the Board of the San Francisco Interfaith Council.