Letters Dimissory

Transfers out of the Diocese of California


If you are moving out of the diocese and wish for your canonical residency to move to your new location, follow these steps:

  • Make sure the bishop in your new diocese is willing to accept your Letters Dimissory.
  • Assuming yes, send an email to Bishop Marc explaining why you are requesting to transfer your canonical residency.
  • Official paperwork will be sent from the Diocese of California to the new diocese. A copy of the official transfer letter will be mailed to you.
  • The Diocese of California will contact the Church Pension Fund with the appropriate information about this change.


Transfers into the Diocese of California


Please consult directly with Denise Obando, deniseo@diocal.org, 415.869.7804.