- 2024 Budget Planning Packet [costs associated with employee compensation & benefits, salary resolution, COLA & Assessment formula]
- 2024 Clergy Housing Allowance – in English & Spanish – [definition and sample resolutions, a “certificate of resolution” form is not necessary for payroll purposes]
- 2024 Payroll Calendar [details of pay periods & pay dates, due dates to submit new hire onboarding & change forms, worksheet to report hours or wage adjustments and the list of holidays observed by Bishop’s Staff / Diocesan House]
- 2024 Payroll Worksheet to Report Hours or Wage Adjustments to Diocesan Payroll Services [aka “timesheet” to download, edit, save and submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Previous Years Budget Planning Packets
New Hire / Change Forms
Below is a list of all payroll forms to establish a new hire or to make changes to existing employees. Please refer to the New Hire Paperwork Checklist for the required forms based on employee schedule and clergy/lay status.
- 2024 Employee Data & Benefits Eligibility Form
- 2024 Payroll Authorization [to establish compensation rates for new hires or to update existing employee hourly rate / stipend / housing allowance]
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 [Instructions for Form I-9 in English (PDF, 585.48 KB), Instructions for Form I-9 in Spanish (PDF, 402.84 KB)]
- Direct Deposit with Paperless Payroll Enrollment Form
- Clergy Tax Withholding Request Form [to be used in lieu of W4 or EDD to specify voluntary withholding]
- 2024 Clergy RSVP or 403b Retirement Contribution Pre-Tax Payroll Deduction Authorization Form
- 2024 Lay Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Contribution Pre-Tax Payroll Deduction Authorization Form
- 2024 Health Insurance Reimbursement Pre-Tax Payroll Deduction Authorization Form
Optional tax forms for lay employees (not required since employees can now set their Fed/State taxes through www.PaychexFlex.com)
Retirement & Pension Plans
All new hires, eligible for a retirement or pension plan, will be entered into CPG’s Employee Roster (ER) and enrolled in the appropriate plan by the Diocesan Payroll & Benefits Coordinator. Once enrolled, the ongoing employee data management for retirement and pension plans is the responsibility of the employer’s assigned Senior Officer (typically the rector, vicar, or Ex. Dir.) or Administrative Officer (appointed by the local Sr. Officer). ER technical questions should be directed to CPG’s Client Services Team at (855) 594-2201, Monday–Friday, 8:30AM–8:00PM ET (excluding holidays) or email@example.com
Lay employees working at least 20 hours per week on a permanent basis (longer than 90days) will be enrolled in the retirement plan to receive employer’s base contribution equivalent to 5% of employee’s compensation to their plan. Employers will also match employee’s personal contributions, dollar to dollar, up to 4% of employee compensation.
Clergy Pension & Retirement Savings
After the initial enrollment by the Diocese Administrator, ongoing data management is the shared responsibility of the employer and cleric.
Retirement Savings (RSVP) – Optional
The Episcopal Church Retirement Savings Plan (RSVP) is a 403(b) tax-deferred retirement savings plan that gives clergy the option of contributing their own money toward their retirement savings. If your employer does not currently participate, the employer should first complete the Employer Adoption Agreementand contact CPG at (866) 802-6333, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
RSVP Enrollment Form — to be sent directly by cleric/employer to CPG
Church Pension Group contact information: www.cpg.org or call 1.800.480.9967 M-F 5.30am-5pm Pacific
Flexible Spending Accounts
— 2024 FSA with Paychex
Employees on Diocese payroll working at least 20hrs/week are eligible to participate in the Health and Dependent Care FSA. By setting pre-tax money aside each paycheck for medical and dependent care expenses, employees can save an average of up to 40% a year on out-of-pocket expenses. Use this tool to calculate your annual election and explore tax savings.
2024 FSA Enrollment Form (to be completed and returned to DioCal payroll office or log into your PaychexFlex account, click PBA Benefits Account button to enroll online)
More Information / Resources:
Paychex Enrollment Training – short video to learn about the great benefits of an FSA and steps to enroll
FSA Employee booklet
Full list of health FSA-eligible expenses
Full list of dependent care expenses
Call Paychex FSA employee support for assistance with FSA benefits: 1-877-244-1771.
Step One: Download the Termination Packet (which contains the Notice to Terminate Payroll & Benefits to be sent to Diocese, Extension of Benefits and Salary Continuation information for departing benefit eligible employees)
Step Two: Review the packet instructions, reach out to Diocese Payroll & Benefits Coordinator with any questions, complete and return the 1-page Notice to Terminate Payroll & Benefits to the Diocese Payroll & Benefits Office.
Step Three: Download the supplemental forms* to be given to the departing employee and/or saved in your local personnel files.
Step Four: After the final retirement or pension contributions have been made, inform CPG of termination. The employer’s administrator can log into MAP (www.cpg.org/MAP) or call CPG admin line: 1-855-215-5990 M-F 5.30am-5pm Pacific for assistance.
*Termination Supplemental information and forms: [to be given to departing employee or saved in local personnel file as appropriate]
- Final Paycheck Acknowledgement [to be signed and saved in employer’s on-site personnel files, not necessary to send to DioCA payroll office]
- Notice to Employee as to Change in Relationship – [Written notice must be given immediately to employees of their discharge, layoff, leave of absence, or change in employment status. This sample notice (PDF) meets the minimum requirements. You may wish to keep a copy for your local / on-site personnel files. No written notice is required if it is a voluntary quit, promotion or demotion, change in work assignment or location]
- State of CA EDD Programs for the Unemployed [to be given to every departing employee regardless of benefit eligibility]
- HIPP Notice [to be given to every departing employee regardless of benefits eligibility]